Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dr Who Experience

Just something I had to see, I noticed an article in a travel section of one of the Sydney Sunday newspapers. So I just had to go and luckily enough I had a few spare hours to get myself there and back in our brief stopover in London.

So successfully negotiated the tube to Olympia station close by Olympia Two where the Dr Who Experience is located in Kensington.

Very well set up displays with the major being an interactive journey. "This interactive journey takes you and the Doctor   on a spectacular adventure though time and space. Step though the crack in time and help the Doctor, armed with his Sonic Screwdriver, escape from his enemies, fly the TARDIS and come face-to-face with some of the scariest monsters seen on screen including Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans. Packed with amazing special effects and exclusive filming with Matt Smith this multi-sensory experience is fun for the family and fans alike." Unfortunately, you are not allowed to take any photos in the interactive journey.

I can say however that the Tardis is truly much larger on the inside, outside before we entered it was only the size of a Police Box, but once you entered it opened right up.

After the interactive journey you move into what is purported to be the largest ever collection of original Doctor Who props and artefacts which includes the entire collection of Doctors costumes from 1963 to the present day


This is the original Dalek used in the original Dr Who series starring William Hartnell










All of the Doctors and their costumes from 1963

























What a great "experience"

No comments:

Post a Comment